[Kelso Country Churches: Charity Number SC000958]
Purpose of this Notice
This Privacy Notice outlines the way in which the Congregation will use personal information provided to us. Personal information includes any information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number.
The Congregation recognises the importance of your privacy and personal information and we have therefore outlined below how we use, disclose and protect this information. The Congregation, jointly with the Presbytery of Jedburgh is the data controller, because we decide how your data are processed and for what purpose. Contact details for us are provided below.
How we use information
We use the information you give to us:
- to administer membership records, including a Communion Roll and Supplementary Roll;
- for pastoral care purposes;
- in relation to participation in Congregational activities ;
- to provide you with information about news, events, and activities within the Congregation or the wider Church of Scotland;
- to provide the services of a parish church to the local community;
- to fulfill contractual or other legal obligations;
- to manage our employees;
- to further our charitable aims, for example through fundraising activities;
- to maintain our accounts and records (including the processing of Gift Aid applications);
- to use your information only for legitimate activities of the congregation and not share it with a third party except when complying with our legal obligations;
- to keep your information securely as long as you are a member or adherent with KCC or as required by law: after that your information will be securely destroyed or anonymised;
- to provide you with a copy of your personal information held following your request at any time
Inaccuracies and Objections
If you believe that any information the Congregation holds about you is incorrect or incomplete or if you do not wish your personal information to be held or used by us please let us know. Any information found to be incorrect will be corrected as quickly as possible.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. There may be legal or other reasons why we need to keep or use your data, but please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
If we are processing your data on the basis of your explicit consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you want to do so.
You can contact us through Robert Monie, Data Protection Officer, Stichill Church, Kelso, TD5 7TB.
How to complain
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about anything relating to the processing of your personal information by the Congregation. You can contact the ICO via its website at www.ico.org.uk or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.